Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Thinker

 

Every night we put Jaime to bed with a story, song and prayer.  Tonight I sang the following song:

Three little ducks went out one day,
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck went "quack, quack, quack"
Two little ducks came running back.

Two little ducks went out one day,
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck went "quack, quack, quack"
One little duck came running back.

One little duck went out one day,
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck went "quack, quack, quack"
No little ducks came running back.

No little ducks went out one day,
Over the hills and far away,
Daddy duck went "QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!"
Three little ducks came running back.


I finished the song and said "Okay, now let's say a prayer" and she immediately stopped me and asked me to repeat what the mommy and daddy duck said.  I did and then she said "But Mommy, shouldn't the mommy duck tell the daddy duck to be nice?"  We talked about it and went over the song again and then she said "Okay, let's start from the end [of the song]" to talk about it again.

Hmmm... I wonder where she gets that obsessive need to talk things over and make sure the details are right in her head.

No comment.



1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for starting my morning with a nice laugh! The pictures, as usual, are divine!